Unprocessed almond milk is heavenly. It’s sweet, mild, high in natural nutrients, and contains no cholesterol or casein. It is light enough to serve as a neutral base in smoothies and soups yet pleasantly sweet. Best of all, it digests seamlessly unlike conventional dairy, which so many among us (especially those of you who are lactose intolerant) find difficult to digest.
Do not Be Fooled by commercial almond milk…
Commercially purchased, prepackaged almond milk does not provide nearly the same benefits as whole almonds. It’s not even close. In fact, store bought almond milk is “almond base” and you never know the real amount of almonds actually used to produce the final product. In contrast, every 950ml of MarkitoNutrition Almond Milk is produced with a minimum of 143g of organic almonds- guaranteed. Furthermore, commercial brands pack on sweeteners and additives that are bad for your health, and they fortify the milk with synthetic nutrients that lead to toxicity. Real, freshly made almond milk, as we provide, is a super food for your health, containing no additives or synthetic ingredients. Do not be fooled by processed commercial products.
Learn more about the harmful chemicals in the almond milks sold in stores.
We Drink Homemade Almond Milk:
Our almond milk, made from raw, organic unprocessed almonds, is an incredible super food that provides you with the following health benefits:
- Almonds contain powerful anti-oxidants, such as vitamin E and selenium, which help with cardiac health, fight cancer, minimize cell damage and reduce aging.
- One ounce of almonds contains 12% of our daily protein requirements. Pouring almond milk on our morning cereal is a good idea to boost metabolism.
- Almonds contain monounsaturated fat which helps to increase good cholesterol while decreasing bad cholesterol, thus reducing risk of heart disease.
- Potassium, found in almonds, helps to maintain normal blood pressure and heart function.
- Phosphorous and manganese both help to maintain healthy bones and teeth.
- Almonds are higher in magnesium than spinach. Magnesium helps to maintain a healthy nervous system by relaxing our veins and arteries; facilitating the flow of blood and nutrients around the body.
- Almonds contain manganese and copper which are both needed to produce the enzyme superoxide dismutase. This enzyme acts as your body’s internal anti-oxidant.
- Almonds are the ideal brain food; their combination of potassium, magnesium and calcium enhances memory and concentration while relieving stress- making it ideal for students before exam time.
- Almonds are rich in folate and therefore beneficial for pregnant women, lowering the risk of birth defects, as well as reducing the chances of cervical cancer.
- Almonds are a source of phytochemicals which are chemical substances obtained from plants that lower the risk of cancer and chronic diseases.
- Most of the B-complex vitamins such as riboflavin, thiamin, panthothenic acid and B-6 are obtained from these nuts.
In conclusion, home made almond milk may be the most nutritious dairy alternative, a powerhouse of protein, healthy fats, vitamin E, calcium, zinc, selenium, magnesium, manganese, potassium, phosphorous, iron and copper. Have you had yours today?
*We currently supply almonds and almond milk only to our local clients in Montreal. However, we will be glad to teach you how to make your own milk. For full instructions visit this page. To learn how you can order our fresh products please click here.