Broccoli sprouts are famous for their antioxidant content. Cruciferous vegetables are known to contain phytonutrients that inhibit the development of cancer. Sprouted broccoli seeds are several dozen times more effective in combating cancer than other vegetables in this family. In fact, broccoli sprouts can provide the body with up to 100 times the cancer fighting sulfurophane than mature broccoli. This means that you easily get as much benefit from 1 ounce of broccoli sprouts as you would if you ate 3-6 pounds of fully grown broccoli (©Johns Hopkins University 1997). The scientific research supporting the use and benefits of broccoli sprouts is simply incredible. Here are links to a few studies:
- Broccoli sprouts: An exceptionally rich source of inducers of enzymes that protect against chemical carcinogens.
- Targeting cancer stem cells with sulforaphane, a dietary component from broccoli and broccoli sprouts.
- Chemical Derived from Broccoli Sprouts Shows Promise in Treating Autism. Improvements were seen within four weeks and generally persisted during treatment duration.
Broccoli sprouts are a great addition to sandwiches, salads, juice, or as a garnish on foods such as hummus. Along with alfalfa, broccoli sprouts are one of our favorite sprouts because of how easy they are to grow and add to just about any meal. Just place two tablespoons of seeds in our Sprouter and watch the sprouts fill up the jar in a matter of days.
Vitamins A, B, C, E and K
Calcium, Iron, Magnesium,
Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc,
Carotene, Chlorophyll, Trace
Elements, Amino Acids,
Traditionally Used For:
- Cancer treatment & prevention
- Immune system
- Heart disease & atherosclerosis
- Allergy & asthma